The ILSE Sports Commission is dedicated to promoting international lifesaving sport within Europe.
The organisation of European Championships and European Championships for Juniors, administration of competitive standards and the advancement of sports science are major activities.
Other international competitions in the field of still water (pool) and surf are realized in co-operation with the Member Federations.
Competitions improve the fitness and ability of the life savers. Further there are many chances for international contacts and friendship as well as an exchange of ideas. This is an important fact, especially for the youth.
You can contact the Sport Commission via email@example.com .
Lifesaving sports is primarily intended to encourage lifesavers to develop, maintain, and improve the essential physical and mental skills needed to save lives in the aquatic environment.
Through recommendations of the ILS Sports Commission and the ILSE Sports Commission, as adopted by the Board of Directors, ILSE establishes rules and regulations for international lifesaving sports, develops and conducts international lifesaving events (including the European Lifesaving Championships), supports/sanctions the conduct of other lifesaving sporting events, and encourages the advancement ofsports science.
Chair: Wim Nuyens (Belgium)
Vice Chair: Anabel Navio Robles (Spain)
Secretary: John Martin (Great Britain)
- Wim de Klerk (Netherlands)
- Jean-Baptiste Gimie (France)
- Carsten Schlepphorst (Germany)
- Natalia Stoyanova (Bulgaria)
- Ian Hutchings (United Kingdom)
- Göran Gustavsson (Sweden)
- Dr. Giorgio Quintavalle (Italy)
- Simon McGarrigle (Ireland)
- João Pedro Rosa Fernandes de Oliveira Lança (Portugal)
- Rik op het Veld (Norway)
- Fredi Tortosa (Switzerland)
- Viktor Roslyakov (Russia)
- Dr. Irfan Gülmez PhD (Turkey)
- Argiris Vasilopoulos (Greece)
- Adrianna Blasiak (Poland)